Kecks in Paradise

Kecks in Paradise

Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 27: Melby Toast

Here's a small shout out to Melby, Mother-in-law extraordinaire! Maker of lists and cleaner of pots! 

I cannot tell you how many times this lady has saved the day for me. Today was no exception. I got donated a whole day of her time to help me repair my damaged belly. 

Food allergies are the pits. Melissa Keck is the anti-pits. 

Anti-pits-perant?

I feel super grateful to this amazing lady for all she does for our family. All us Kecks kind of orbit around her. She is perpetually helpful and unfailingly generous. She is a source of wisdom and friendship in my life, and I feel confident that generations to come will join with us in raising a glass of lactose-free milk to her noble example.

I will be forever grateful to Melissa for raising her wonderful children. Jason is a scripture mastery superstar because of his Mom, and I love that about him. He listens to every session of General Conference because he saw her do it (which was especially notable in Korea when she would get up in the middle of the night to do it). I love that he has made service his mantra because of his parents' example.

I am so glad to be a Harrison, but I love being a Keck, too.

To Melby!

No comments: