Kecks in Paradise

Kecks in Paradise

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Anniversary!


You may have noticed that I do not write on this blog very often. That's mostly because I don't really care about sharing my thoughts to the whole world and I don't have a strong desire for everyone to know everything about my life. Even now, I am not writing so that anyone else can see this but that Kimberly can read it. She is always asking me to blog to her and so that is what I am finally doing. So you are all free to participate but this is for Kimberly.

I remember when I was only a freshman in college and I was talking with my roommate about the girls we were currently dating. I was feeling so amazed that I could see myself someday marrying Kimberly Harrison. For a while after that time, I thought about how silly I must have sounded as an 18-year-old thinking he would marry his first real girlfriend. Well, it turned out to not be so silly because I did end up marrying that girl and it was the best decision I have ever made in my life.

It is almost five years after that conversation with my roommate and now Kimberly and I have been married for two years. I have to admit that it has been the best two years of my life and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I loved my mission but these two years have been even better. I can't wait for the time when I am married and on a mission.

Kimberly is the best wife that anyone could ever ask for. For any of you who have read this blog before, you will have seen the ways that she likes to praise me. She likes to make me sound really good but we all know who really had to settle a little in this relationship. It is hard for me to describe how wonderful she is because I just think everything about her is perfect. You name a character trait and I think Kimberly is the best no matter what.

One of her best traits is that she loves me so much. I don't want to be one of those people who says that I love her just because she loves me, but she makes me so happy with the ways that she shows her love. She has a talent for letting me know that she is more in love with me every day. She knows that I love her too and I tell her often but I am usually not as creative as she is. She loves to get me presents and I have to struggle and complain until I write a blog post.

Kimberly takes care of me in all the best ways. Sometimes she thinks that I could just get along without her but that's not true. I need her in my life and she always knows how to make me feel better when I am feeling down. I'm sure she doesn't even realize the profound effect she has on my life and all the ways she makes me better.

Well, I don't want to run on forever about this because I could. I love Kimberly and I am so happy that she loves me. I get to see that picture of us whenever I turn on my computer and it makes me smile just to see it again. I don't know how I could get any luckier.

Happy Anniversary, Kimberly! I hope you know what you mean to me.


3 comments:

Araignée said...

Awww...I got my first girl, too. Hope life's treating you well.

Tracy said...

Hooray!

HeatherLynn said...

Aw this was the CUTEST message to read EVER :) I love that you guys are so in love :)