Kecks in Paradise

Kecks in Paradise

Monday, February 1, 2010

Le Petit Prince

I have been thinking of my brother Matthew a lot lately, probably because he is the farthest sibling away from me right now which makes me feel like I should miss him the most.


I don't think I could adequately explain how delightful my brother is and I won't try, but I will say there is no one else I would rather pretend I am a dog with and eat cookies from the kitchen floor, play laser tag in my front yard with, and no one else could convince me to play Magic, which I am still not 100% sold on, but I'll continue to try it.

Matthew was born on December 6th and came home right on my birthday, which initially caused me, the middle child and second girl, grief. How could he squanch my birthday when I was already the least cool of all my siblings and I needed a day to celebrate all things me. I quickly realized as December 9th rolled around that Matthew came not as a squanch, but as a gift to me. While other friends bragged about the Easy Bake Ovens they got for their b-days, I got to say, "That's nothing. I got a baby."

Matthew is amazing. His first word was "Jesus." Boy did we need that kid in our life.

My siblings and I often pretended to be superheros and Matthew was always something all powerful we had no hope of ever defeating while William was shooting spaghetti from his fingertips. It was okay though, because Matthew only used his powers for good and William only used his powers to shoot spaghetti.


Heather just sent me this video of littlest brother that got all psychedelic when I posted it, but I feel like it contains the essence of what I really want to say, so here you go:


2 comments:

jean said...

Oh, that Matthew bug. You almost made me cry with all these nice things you say

Erica said...

I like the word squanch. I want to say it a bunch of times. Squanch squanch squanch. I also cried at this post, cried from laughing so hard at spaghetti fingers. I should write William a letter.